Tails are Waggin’ About:
BOW WOW WALK Saturday, April 8 at Lee Park, downtown Charlottesville. Annual fund raiser for Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA. Go to caspca.com to register if you’d like to do the walk. Concessions available plus entertainment for all. And visit our booth for lots of freebies and a chance to win some great prizes!
EASTER EGG HUNT AT OLD TRAIL VILLAGE (Crozet), Saturday, April 15 on The Green. Kids hunt for eggs and we’ll have very fun Easter treats for all the dogs. And, you can have your picture taken with the Big Easter Bunny!
EASTMINSTER DOG SHOW Wednesday, May 17 at the Keswick Hunt Horse Show. Free family fun. Enter your dog in classes like musical chairs, costume, family class, beginners obstacle course, best rescue and best in show. We’ll be there with lots of treats and will provide the prizes for all the classes. Concessions available on grounds. Donations accepted to benefit the Charlottesville SPCA.
Flowers, weeds, grasses, leaves… and that yellow pollen is in the air. Your pet may already be showing signs of discomfort, including scratching, itching, inflammation, red skin, teary eyes… and we’re here to help! We strongly recommend feeding a raw or gently cooked diet of whitefish or pork and dark, leafy green vegetables to support the immune system during this season. These cooling proteins and vegetables lower the “heat’ in the body, reduces the inflammation, and strengthens the immune system. For more relief, pair our Spring diet selections with our Quercetin supplements — noted holistic experts (like blogger, Rodney Habib) call quercetin “nature’s Benedryl.” It has anti-histamine and anti-inflammatory properties designed for quick relief. It’s easy to give your pet in a tablet or soft chew and it does the trick. So fear the great outdoors no more! We’re here to help!
With the warmer temps come all the insect critters. We’re fully stocked with shampoos, sprays, diatomaceous earth, essential oils, herbal collars and monthly spot-ons that are safe for your dog and for your family, and made in the USA! From noted holistic vet, Dr. Peter Dobias DVM, here are “Eight Steps To Choosing A Safe Flea Product For Your Dog” (for the full blog article, please visit peterdobias.com for this and other great information)
- Choose a topical product over oral treatment
- Choose a residual wash or and spray product used together over a highly concentrated spot treatment that absorbs and stays in the body for a month
- Choose a natural product over chemical ones
- Read reviews of other dog lovers before you purchase a new product
- Pick a product that is not preserved with artificial chemicals
- Go with brands not manufactured in China to avoid poor quality or tainted ingredients
- Visit the Environmental Protection Agency’s website to see if there are any reports of fatalities related to the product. If there are reported fatalities, do not risk your dog’s life by using such product.
- Go for a product that is guaranteed to work so you do not waste your money and can help your dog promptly. (and we’ll add 9.) If the product says “use gloves to apply” you can bet you won’t want it around your children or on your pet. So, come see us for better choices that really work!