With the warmer temps come all the insect critters. We’re fully stocked with shampoos, sprays, diatomaceous earth, essential oils, herbal collars and monthly spot-ons that are safe for your dog and for your family, and made in the USA! From noted holistic vet, Dr. Peter Dobias DVM, here are “Eight Steps To Choosing A Safe Flea Product For Your Dog” (for the full blog article, please visit peterdobias.com for this and other great information)
- Choose a topical product over oral treatment
- Choose a residual wash or and spray product used together over a highly concentrated spot treatment that absorbs and stays in the body for a month
- Choose a natural product over chemical ones
- Read reviews of other dog lovers before you purchase a new product
- Pick a product that is not preserved with artificial chemicals
- Go with brands not manufactured in China to avoid poor quality or tainted ingredients
- Visit the Environmental Protection Agency’s website to see if there are any reports of fatalities related to the product. If there are reported fatalities, do not risk your dog’s life by using such product.
- Go for a product that is guaranteed to work so you do not waste your money and can help your dog promptly. (and we’ll add 9.) If the product says “use gloves to apply” you can bet you won’t want it around your children or on your pet. So, come see us for better choices that really work!